Jailbreak 2019 Starting Points
All participants are expected to have signed in at the starting point by 10:30am. Please ensure that your WHOLE TEAM has arrived before approaching the sign-in desk together. Then find a space in the hall to sit as a team to listen to the briefing and to do your planning.
Explorer and Adult Teams will be starting from Clare Old School Community Centre
The postcode is CO10 8PX.
As always , traffic around the hall will be busy, so please drop off and then go.
Scout Teams will be starting from Castle Camps Village Hall
The postcode is CB21 4SR.
Bonus challenge. We know that some participants like to predict the end point for the event. There is a prize for the first participant (under 18) to email the correct end point description and six figure grid reference to email@example.com
The winning answer needs to be within two miles of the correct answer to qualify.
The weather is unfortunately looking bad this weekend. Therefore could EVERYONE please ensure……
• Wrap all kit inside your main bag in plastic bags. Maybe even line you main bag as well.
• Have enough pairs of thick socks (walking socks if possible) to keep changing if necessary
• Re-wax / Waterproof your Boots
• Take enough nibbles to keep you going / lift spirits every now and then!
• On your prep nights, Adults and PL’s of Patrols have hopefully thought about shelter options and maybe taking a small stove. Even a very small hot drink this year could now make all the difference.
• Find that brave courage and determination within yourself and take it with you. Keep team morale high and keep checking on each other throughout the event. That is key.
If we deem any person to not have the right kit this with them this weekend, we reserve the right for their own safety, to stop them from starting the event.
So it comes to an end for Summer leave!!
All I can say is WOW!!! What a year it has been so far
It’s been very hectic with so much going on but it has also been really good, the group has grown so much!!
We have done Beaver camp sleepovers, Cub camps, visited Stanstead aerozone, been live on BBC Blue Peter, we had our families day/ AGM and helped out at Armed Forces day.
Thank you all so much for your support with everything.
All of this does take a lot of planning and preparation, days out and weekly meetings so I would like to say a big thank you to all our executive committee, our leaders, parent helpers but most of all the children.
We have so much more planned for the future, amazing but sometimes crazy ideas for children and adults.
We have the Scouts camp end of July, the nuclear bunker in August, great Dunmow carnival stand, beaver bonfire night, late-night shopping and of course the Christmas Peter Pan panto!! Plus hopefully, very soon we will have our very own minibus!!
Not going to look too much for the future but there is already stuff in the mix for 2020!!.
Please continue to pass around to friends and families about this group.
Our newsletter for each section is out now so if you haven’t received it please get in contact with your leader and ask them to send it to you if they haven’t done so already.
Have a great summer!