Jailbreak 2019 Starting Points
All participants are expected to have signed in at the starting point by 10:30am. Please ensure that your WHOLE TEAM has arrived before approaching the sign-in desk together. Then find a space in the hall to sit as a team to listen to the briefing and to do your planning.
Explorer and Adult Teams will be starting from Clare Old School Community Centre
The postcode is CO10 8PX.
As always , traffic around the hall will be busy, so please drop off and then go.
Scout Teams will be starting from Castle Camps Village Hall
The postcode is CB21 4SR.
Bonus challenge. We know that some participants like to predict the end point for the event. There is a prize for the first participant (under 18) to email the correct end point description and six figure grid reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winning answer needs to be within two miles of the correct answer to qualify.
The weather is unfortunately looking bad this weekend. Therefore could EVERYONE please ensure……
• Wrap all kit inside your main bag in plastic bags. Maybe even line you main bag as well.
• Have enough pairs of thick socks (walking socks if possible) to keep changing if necessary
• Re-wax / Waterproof your Boots
• Take enough nibbles to keep you going / lift spirits every now and then!
• On your prep nights, Adults and PL’s of Patrols have hopefully thought about shelter options and maybe taking a small stove. Even a very small hot drink this year could now make all the difference.
• Find that brave courage and determination within yourself and take it with you. Keep team morale high and keep checking on each other throughout the event. That is key.
If we deem any person to not have the right kit this with them this weekend, we reserve the right for their own safety, to stop them from starting the event.